Saturday, April 19, 2014

Peace


I wish everyone could feel what I feel when I go out to the farm. I think maybe they can if they come. The framer that was working tonight mentioned how peaceful it was out there. I keep saying it and I mean it and I wish everyone could feel it.

Matt thinks by the end of next week we will have the roof on and all the dormers framed and all the inside walls framed upstairs. The level of excitement in my heart just keeps growing. As I was walking around on the second floor the thought crossed my mind that we own every bit of what has been done. We have not gone into debt one cent in building this house and we don't plan on it and there is a measure of peace that comes with that which really can't be explained but only felt.

This is the kitchen window looking out to the lake. Once it is done it will look something like this:

Makenna is sitting in my window seat in my room in this picture-
The view of the lake is going to be amazing.
This a a picture of the downstairs from the kitchen. I love the natural light coming in.

This will be my pantry door-

And this is going to be our entertainment center in the living room

It was so muddy that we had to park on the road and walk in. Hopefully that dries up quickly so we can get the rest of the lumber out there that we need. Here are a few more fun pictures-


And lastly, this is a picture of the house with the greenhouses in the back ground and the mountains behind that. Peaceful!

3 comments:

Just US said...

What an absolutely beautiful place for your family to live! I can't wait to see the final product when the house is all done!

Nicole said...

I have always loved seeing a house go up. It's even better when it's the home of an old friend :)

Kimberly T. said...

This just makes my heart so happy for you. And funny thing, I've coveted, wanted, drooled over that same pantry door for a long time. Haha