Monday, February 13, 2017

Roots Tech 2017


Last week I got to experience one of the coolest things that replenished my soul and spirit and gave me the will to get through the rest of winter: Roots Tech.
It is basically comicon for genealogists!
The first day I was smiling so much I thought my face was going to stick that way.
I felt like I was with people who completely understood me.
They expected 15,000 and I think there were 30,000 that ended up registering.
The expo hall was like raven hall at the Alaska State fair.
Booths EVERYWHERE!
There was even funnel cake. Mine was salted caramel.
I will dream about that.
I also think I figured out a way to break the biggest Hayes brick wall: who Grandpa Al's father was.
I got my dad to take a YDNA test.
I learned about DNA and am so incredibly excited.
I met a woman named Christine who is not LDS, but felt prompted to buy a showbox full of pictures. She got them back to the owner who in turn had Alzheimer's but remembered his daughter because of those pictures by the time he died.
I felt the Spirit so much.
I made new friends.
I got to hear Sheri Dew, Elder Nelson and his wife, and Hank Smith
I hope to go back again next year.
It was the perfect remedy for the winter blues!
Also, I got to visit with Libby Lewis for a minute and that was awesome too! 







No comments: