Saturday, June 26, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me!


 Today I turned 47 years old. 
It was actually a really, really good day. 
I decided that the first thing I wanted to do was go and have a birthday interview with Jesus and write myself a letter to open in 5 years up in the mountains. 
I drove up to April bowl and parked. 
There was only one other car in the lot and I didn't even see any people until I started coming off the mountain. 
I had to hike straight up the mountain off trail because there was still a lot of snow in places, but I found a nice rock half way up and sat on it and ate my breakfast. 
As I finished walking to the spot I wanted to sit, an arctic fox joined me. 
It was really cool to see him just walking right beside me, not even skittish at all. 
I found my spot and sat and talked with God for a little while. 
Then the wind was a little to cold so I moved spots to a more protected area and wrote my letter to myself. 
I think I am going to have an birthday interview with Jesus to God every year. 
It was a good moment to reflect on where I am and where I am headed. 

After that I headed off the mountain with a great idea to get hugs from 47 different people to celebrate my birthday.
It was actually really easy to accomplish.
Out of the 47 people, there were only 3 that were not my family members. 
I felt so much love today.
I am so grateful for all the people that God has blessed me with.
I look forward to many more years on this earth to hug many more people. 







No comments: