I've been really into prepping lately.
Every bit of produce that comes out of the garden, I am saving in some way.
I even experimented and made zucchini flour and then made pancakes out of the flour.
It was kind of cool that it worked but I wasn't in love with it.
I've frozen broccoli, peas, cauliflower, rhubarb and kale.
I've made jam and rhubarb BBQ sauce.
I've dried chamomile for tea.
I riced the cauliflower before freezing it because I am a weirdo and LOVE putting it in my morning oatmeal.
It's been really fun to learn lots of new things and I am making big plans for the garden next year.
I would love to get to a point where I can grow enough vegetables to have a full year supply.
Only eat what we grow vegetable wise!
The fruit will come too.
We have apple trees, honey berry and blueberry bushes and cherry bushes.
I want to get a few more fruiting plants.
I basically have loved being in the garden this year.
Part of me wishes I could just be barefoot in the garden until the snow comes back.









No comments:
Post a Comment