Trying to preserve food has been an interesting challenge this summer.
We still have tons of produce but not any of the things I used to have to preserve it.
I have gathered a few things here and there.
My dad gave me my mom's canning stuff and her jars, which I am so, so grateful to have.
I have been able to do a few things.
I made a few jars of jam, froze peas and strawberries, zucchini relish, made fruit leather, one jar of pickles and also froze some honey berries.
That is NOT very much.
Matt is going to get a big chest freezer so I can get stuff stored in there.
Canning stuff with out a place to put it is a problem.
I am hoping the house gets done enough that I can use the root cellar, but we'll have to wait and see.
We are running out of time for that.





No comments:
Post a Comment