Friday, January 10, 2025

The Three-legged Dog Miracle

 


I just wanted to share the miracle of our now, three-legged dog.
The week before Christmas, I pulled into our driveway and the dogs ran out in front of my car.
I stopped in enough time and didn't hit them.
I waited for them to get out of way and then I started forward.
As I did, I ran over something and felt a pit in my stomach as I heard the cries of our little Daisy.
I yelled for Matt as I tried to pick her up.
She was still alive but on a lot of pain.
He rushed her into town to the emergency vet.
And I got on my knees.
With all the loss we have experienced, I didn't think I could handle losing another pet.
She isn't even a year old.
I asked Heavenly Father for a miracle.
Please don't let her die.
I knew that was going to be a stretch.
She was so tiny and my car was so big.
I didn't know how it could be possible.
After they took the xrays, Matt called.
No internal bleeding, no damage to internal organs.
Just a broken leg.
But broken so badly that we had two choices: let her go or amputate.
So, instead of getting flooring for our house, we now have a three-legged dog.
And I'm not mad about that.
In April 2021, Elder Renlund promised, "I pray that you will stand steadfast and faithful in all that is to come. And I promise miracles will attend you..."
How grateful I am for the miracle of a three-legged dog

No comments: