Sunday, October 30, 2016

Road Trippin' to Fairbanks


We jumped in the truck on Thursday and headed up to Fairbanks to see Sam, Dustin and Afton for the last time for a while. They are currently on a plane to Missouri where they will live now. It was really kind of sad to say good bye even though we haven't got to spend as much time with them as we would have liked. Fairbanks is 6 hours away. It was a long drive but I ave funny people that live with me and it made it awesome. The weather up was gorgeous. Blue skies and sun all the way. We would have made it pretty fast except some people in this family have bladders the size of a penny and there was a LOT of stopping. We saw Denali very clearly and ran around the parking lot of the viewing area to stretch our legs some.

Once we got to Fairbanks we met them and ate at the Turtle Club. It had a bar attached to it so I joked with the kids that their parents were taking them to their first bar. The food was all right. The way I eat now creates some struggles when I am not at home, but it turned out okay.

The rest of the weekend we swam in the pool, played with Afton, ate food and just enjoyed each others company. Here are my favorite pictures from the trip-


No comments: