Friday, February 21, 2020

Staycation- Alyeska

I seriously LOVE my kids school!
They do the coolest field trips and they are so hands-off.
For reals.
We showed up at the Day lodge at Alyeska at the designated time to get our gear and a safety lesson and then it was up to us if we wanted to take ski/snowboard lessons or just go for it.
Makenna and I took lessons.
I lasted through about half- I won't get into all the whys for that now- but she did them all.
Matt and Corban just took to the slopes and Makenna joined them on some pretty steep hills.
It was almost more than I could take watching them.
But I was so happy that they were having a great time.
Matt was in his element and that makes me happy. 
We barely saw any school staff the entire time.
We checked into the hotel after 4 pm, played in the pool/hot tub, and ordered room service. 
Every thing was covered except our room service.
This morning we got up for a HUGE breakfast buffett with all the other families and then could do as we pleased after that, just had to check out by 11 am.
It was such a nice moment to spend together and do something we have never done together.
Corban is awesome on the snowboard and Makenna really picked up skiing fast. 
I'm glad we went.
It was just what my hermit heart needed.








 

No comments: