Thursday, December 1, 2022

The Quiet Life

 

This life Matt and I are living is so different than what it has been our entire marriage.
We really only have Corban at home. 
Makenna sleeps here sometimes. 
She will be gone in a month and he will be gone in about 6 months. 
We go to work and then come home and have a little time together watching a show and then we rinse and repeat. 
We both love what we are doing in our lives, it's just not a lot of adventure or things to share anymore. 
Tonight the young men came out for a fireside bonfire.
After they left Matt and I went out and enjoyed the rest of the fire. 
The sky was clear and the stars were brilliant.
I just took it all in.
It was one of those moments when peace permeates my soul. 
I found myself so grateful for this life we have and this property we get to live on. 
The world is in commotion and I am constantly in a state of preparing with urgency but not anxiety. 
This summer is going to be filled with growing as much food as we can. 
But for now, tucked in our warm house while the snow piles up, I am grateful for the calm. 


 

No comments: