Thursday, December 28, 2023

The Good in The Hard

 

This has, hands down been the hardest season of my life. 
Tears come easily and often. 
The grief from the loss is almost debilitating. 
But in the middle of all that there has been hope and goodness and grace. 
Here are a few of my favorites from the last two weeks- 
*Rissa buying, setting up and decorating a tree for us
*The student that told me she was praying and fasting for me and then bore her witness of how fasting makes prayer more powerful
*The woman who gave us her Kitchenaid mixer and then said, "I love Jesus too!"
*The police officer who pulled me over and then didn't give me a citation because I had the Christian radio playing and he said, "I am a Christian too."
*The student who made me a bracelet with the words- all things work together for my good.
*My friend, Leigh bringing soup but making sure to bring them in mason jars so I would have a few again
*My office being filled with food for us
*My sister, Kelli sending my favorite moisturizer, among many other things
*The raspberry sour cream cheesecake Nickie made
 
The outpouring of love has been so miraculous.
We have felt so loved, even in the midst of our tears. 



 

No comments: