Sunday, May 24, 2026

Sunday Adventures

 


Today was a full day.
Two chicks have hatched for Kenna and Kyle.
They want four total so we'll see what the other few eggs do.
We made a mushroom tower after church.
I had ordered mushroom plugs and have been wanting to plug a birch tree with them.
I got Dallin to cut me down a tree and then I convinced him and Matt to help me drill, plug and seal three different kinds of mushrooms: Lions Mane, Shitake, and Blue Oyster.
Penny also helped plug with her cute little plastic hammer. 
We'll see what happens.
I guess it can take up to a year! 
We also freed the duck. 
We have one duck, who is miserable with the chickens.
So we took her to the lake, but then she promptly made her way back to the chickens.
She really just needs a man.
It was lovely weather, which we were in need of and it was a really good day!





No comments: