Dallin came into the house tonight all excited to show us something.
He pulled out his baby journal that I had started when he was born and read the entry from Feb.12, 2000:
"Dear Dallin- In your dad's patriarchal blessing it says"...faithful posterity, who will be church and temple builders and attenders..." We received a little glimpse of the truthfulness of this statement the other day. We were sitting in the living room and you brought in two blocks and stacked them together and said "Look, I build a temple!" I looked at your dad and he looked at me. I hope we can make all the correct decisions to help you fulfill this blessing! I love you Mom"
Well, it took 26 years but our boy has fulfilled this part of his dad's blessing by working on the temple.
I love that so much.
Patriarchal blessings are true people!


No comments:
Post a Comment