Last Friday, I sat in the field feeling discouraged and overwhelmed.
It was just too much.
I ran through my mind how I could get help.
The weeds were taking over and I was not enough to handle the project.
I thought about people who offered help.
It never feels comfortable asking for help, but I was reminded of a talk from Pres. Oaks where he actually tells us to seek help from others.
SO I posted an SOS of sorts and people showed up in droves.
Over the course of this last week, more people came than I could keep track of.
Some mornings it was just me and one other person, which was beautiful because we weeded and talked.
And on Tuesday there had to be at 50 or more people in the field.
There were people I didn't even know out there.
Yesterday the missionaries showed up.
At least 14 missionaries were here.
This morning Sam's Logan is out there before anyone was even awake.
As I talked to my friend about it all and how grateful I was, she said that people just love us and she thanked me for giving them all an opportunity to serve our family.
She told me how much we are loved.
I am in awe of the goodness of people.
A huge burden was lifted this week.
And I am learning that there is power in asking.
In fact, the Lord told us to ask and we will receive many times.
I wonder who I can ask for $50,000.... :)


No comments:
Post a Comment