Sunday, March 19, 2017

Keeping the Sabbath


The last little while I have felt like we need to do less of some things so we can keep the Sabbath day better. The biggest less that needs to happen is being on our phones. I made the commitment yesterday that I was not going to be on my phone checking any of my social media or playing games on Sunday anymore. It has been a pretty great day because of that. These are the things we have done:
  • Went to stake conference
  • ate yummy food
  • Went on a walk down the driveway
  • Watched a adolescent eagle in the tree in the front yard
  • played And It Came To Pass card game-which I lost at every round
  • Played a minute with the drone
  • played I See the Light on the piano
  • read more of The Power to Become by Bednar
  • played the banjo
  • prepared my seminary lesson
  • looked up some family history stuff on my great great aunt Edith Dunn
  • took a nap
  • talked to Marissa on the phone- she always makes me laugh
It's been a pretty great day and I feel better prepared to face the week ahead, getting up at 445am again for seminary. I feel like my cup is more filled than it has been. Sunday's are important to keep holy. Mostly for us. So we can have the strength to face the week ahead.



No comments: