Monday, May 27, 2019

Flipped the Switch

Alaska is an interesting place to live.
It is like living in two totally different places.
One day it's cold and snowing and then, almost, overnight it becomes summer.
The sun shines and the trees are greener than any green you have seen before.  
Those days are the days that I don't want to be in the house at all.
Today was one of those days. 
We worked outside this morning then this afternoon I spent time in my office reading a book about depression.
 We are in some unchartered territory right now with mental health stuff.
I'm struggling a bit but my struggles are NOTHING compared to what our Brittan is dealing with. 
I think it is important to understand that depression and anxiety are an illness. 
Like my heart issues.
These are brain issues. 
So that is where we are. 
As we watch, love, learn and try to understand we will take in these beautiful days of summer as best we can.
And stick our feet in the cold lake to cool off on days when it gets warm out.
 

No comments: