Today I got to be a witness to a miracle.
Our 2nd grandson, Emerson Slate was born at 409 pm weighing 8lbs 3 oz and 21 inches long.
Sam did such an amazing job through the labor.
Like seriously amazing.
I was in awe of how calm she was.
There were only a few times she started to lose control and then immediately re-centered herself.
At one point she was struggling and said, "Just hold me mommy!"
Almost broke my heart.
Another really cool thing that happened was that there was soft music playing the whole.
A song came on called, "In This Very Room"
It took every thing I had to keep my emotions under control at that point because that song has special meaning to me.
I sang it in high school with one of my good friends.
The lyrics go like this:
"In this very room there's quite enough love for all of us.
And in this very room there's quite enough joy for all of us.
And there's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom,
For Jesus, Lord Jesus is in this very room."
I felt in that moment the truth of that last statement.
We, as women, join hands with God in bringing souls into this world.
I'm grateful to have felt that and been a part of that.
Welcome to the world Emry!


No comments:
Post a Comment