Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Fake Alaska State Fair

 

 With COVID this year they decided that it would be best to cancel the Alaska State Fair.

That was somewhat of a blow to me. 

I mean how in the world was I going to get my yearly Denali Cream Puff.

Oh the sorrow!

However, we did get to enjoy some fun things from the fair.

The carnival company that does all the rides set it all up and sold tickets to come and ride.

There were food trucks too.

We got tickets and then I decided to do something incredibly crazy and ride ALL the rides.

It was a one price for all, so why not?

Well, I sometimes forget I am getting older and my body is not what it was when I was a teenager.

Regardless, I was able to ride every single ride except two.

One was shut down for maintenance and the other was missing a carnie who went on break, so it was not running at the time.

Needless to say, by the time I got home I was so sick to my stomach that I showered, rub peppermint oil all over my stomach, took and advil pm and fell asleep at 730.

It was still totally a good time with Matt, Kenna and Corb, as well as Rissa, Dave, Ruby and Ryker!



 

No comments: