Sunday, October 4, 2020

General Conference Weekend

 

Conference was so, so good. 
It was the first time in a lot of years that we gathered with all our children, and now grandchildren, to hear the words of the Lord through His living prophets and apostles.
It's always interesting to me how everyone seems to get something different out of conference. 
To me the themes were: prepare Zion and get prepared yourself for what is coming. 
I am hopeful for the future, but I am not naive that it is going to get a lot harder before it gets easier. 
I had two favorite moments of having all the kids there.
The first was when the opening prayer began and Afton folded his arms and closed his eyes. 
He stayed that way for a really long time.
It literally just melted my heart.
I love that kid.
I love him a lot.
I will continue to study the messages over the next six months and also put into practice the promptings I received.
I am so grateful for living prophets and apostles that can tell us the will of the Lord for ourselves.
And I am grateful to have the gift of the Holy Ghost that tells me all the things that I should do. 
I feel very blessed!


 

No comments: