Yesterday, after hours of helping Corban with geometry, I needed to get a breath of fresh air, so I went outside.
First I went over to the garden area and put all the implements away- the lawn mower, weed wacker, rototiller, and all the shovels and rakes.
My hands got very cold.
Then I decided to go and see if the lake was frozen yet.
The sides are just freezing up and I broke the ice with a kayak paddle.
I could probably get out one more time to kayak, but I probably won't because it is really cold outside!
I'm not sure I am ready for the cold.
This morning I was mourning the early sunrises a little bit.
Every year I go through this transition where I have to decide that it is okay that the midnight sun has stepped away and the green leaves and flowers are laid to rest.
I want to find more joy in the season I am in, but sometimes that is hard.

No comments:
Post a Comment