I was sitting on the bench in the hot DMV looking at my phone while I waited for him to finish his permit test.
It was the second time that he took it and he struggles with test taking.
I had already said a prayer asking that he be blessed to rememebr everything he studied, that he could concentrate on the questions and then added a simple, "And if You could help him pass the test, that would be great."
A few minutes passed and he turned and looked at me.
I looked back and he gave me the thumbs up.
My heart flooded with those feelings that only parents get when they are so proud of their kids.
I wanted to jump up and down and dance.
He would have never let me do that.
Instead, I just kept smiling.
He was elated that it only took him two tries, which was less then his sister, who he promptly let know.
Then I made him drive home and we went really, really slow, but it's okay because we live in the middle of no where.
I am still smiling that he did it!
He can also turn his feet backwards behind his body.
Kids got skills!


No comments:
Post a Comment