Matt invited me to take a walk last night to see how much the water was running over the road at the 90 degree turn in the driveway.
We walked up there and there was still not Lake Hale.
I thought maybe this year we would avoid it.
That's a laugh.
Corban took the walk with us and when we got there they had this brilliant idea to knock down snow that was holding the deluge back.
Well, we walked back home but came back out two hours later and there it was.
Matt decided to park his truck on the other side but I thought about how we have never not been able to get through.
That could have been a mistake.
This morning when I went to drive out there were several moments when my heart almost failed me.
Corban refused to be in the car as I drove across.
He put on his boots and walked around.
I drove though with white knuckles.
At one point the car started to float and I kept telling myself to just keep the gas on.
I made it through but my hands were shaking SO bad afterwards.
Needless to say, I am parking on the other side until it goes down and I am going to find a way to get the driveway fixed so this doesn't happen next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment