Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Jesus and the Dove

 


There are a few verses from Genesis 8 that I can't get out of my head.
8. Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
9. But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.
It's talking about Noah and the dove.
But what if Noah is a type of Christ and I am like the dove.
Sometimes He sends me out to do things and I can't accomplish those things.
And when I come back to Him, He doesn't condemn me for failure.
He puts forth His hand and pulls me to Him to rest until it's time to try again.
He knows I won't succeed the first time, because He knows everything, so why would He send me out?
Maybe it's because without the lack of success, I wouldn't return.
And if I didn't return, I would never know of His tender care.
I would never have the opportunity to be pulled in close until it was time to try again.
So maybe lack of success is nothing more than just a chance to be pulled in close to Him.

No comments: