When I saw gas prices hit over four dollars I got a little nervous.
I normally drive almost 1000 a week.
Ya.
That's a lot.
I joke that on my grave stone it will say, "I'm still driving."
But my vehicle only got 15 miles to the gallon which means I was filling up almost 3 times a week.
And when gas is that much money...well let's just say it was in our best interest to find a car with better gas mileage.
I had a list of things I wanted- good gas mileage, not white or red, a Honda, Subaru or Toyota, under $30k, also have under 50k miles on it, and good in the snow.
I needed something with some clearance on the bottom.
Well, I went to two dealerships by myself and had some serious sticker shock.
Everything is so expensive. Oiy!
Then Matt joined me and we visited another 4 dealerships.
Before we got to the last one, I was starting to get a bit concerned.
Matt would point out something and it wouldn't fit in my list and I would just say no.
I think he might have been getting a little irritated even though he says he wasn't.
Well, at the 6th dealership we had looked at one vehicle, I said no, then I saw this one a little ways down.
We looked at it, then drove it, and it was literally EVERYTHING I had hoped and prayed for.
It was perfect.
Gas mileage- up to 34 mpg
Black
Honda
$29,000
45k miles on it
and great clearance
plus tires that look brand new
I am still a little shocked at the experience.
I am just super grateful for all that.
And then to show that God is a God of abundance, I also got a dollar raise!
Almost every single morning I repeat the phrase- All things work together for my good.
At this point in my life, I honestly believe that is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment