I have been looking for more joy in my life.
Things have been HEAVY and I need more of the goodness.
I decided tonight to do some artwork after work.
There is something about it that is healing for me.
I chose to create this piece.
The idea that sorrow and joy can exist at the same time.
Pres. Uchtdorf actually said in this last conference that in this life joy and sorrow are inseparably connected.
I am trying to live in that paradox right now.
As I sat and painted Afton came in.
He was upset and told me that his mom hurt his feelings.
He then asked me to ground his mom.
Makes sense since I am her mom.
It took everything I had not to laugh out loud.
I asked him what I should ground her from and he said, "Ground her from not letting us have fun!"
I called Sam and told her that I was supposed to ground her, to which we both laughed so much we were wheezing.
That brought me joy.
Then a little while later I heard Corban in his room talking to someone on the computer.
He said, "Jesus had this fan club and one time things got out of hand and someone's ear got cut off."
And then I laughed some more.
I'm so grateful for those moments of painting and laughing tonight.
I needed that!

No comments:
Post a Comment