I was on the phone with Matt.
He was headed home.
Then I saw someone coming down the driveway.
I thought it was him and said, "Is that you coming down the driveway?"
To which he replied, "No"
Then I noticed it was a red truck and they were driving really fast.
It only took a second for my brain to click in and I said to Matt, "I think that's Dallin."
And then I hung up on Matt and went outside.
He got out of the truck and we hugged and hugged and I cried.
And something inside of me healed a little bit.
I don't know what healed because so much feels broken, but something did.
I was so surprised and so happy to see him.
He stayed for two days.
He had some business in Anchorage.
He slept on the couch.
And when I went to bed that first night he was home, I felt like everything was okay in my world.
Man, I love my kids so much.
I wish they were all closer by me.
If I'm honest, I wish they all lived on our property with their families.
But for now, I am so grateful for a surprise visit on a Thursday evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment