Thursday, February 25, 2016
Farmin' it!
Makenna fell during gym and hurt her foot so I took over the egg gathering duties today. The chickens were resistant when I wanted to take a selfie with them, but I got one. I have quite the wrinkles under my eyes in this picture. I am feeling tired this afternoon. It's been a long day! The hens have been doing good producing. We sell 8 dozen eggs every week and some weeks nine dozen. However, they are picking up their production and we will probably be adding more customers soon. Today we got 27 eggs. Yesterday Makenna gathered 31!
The mornings are getting incredible. The sun has returned! When I take Makenna to school it is light and it is staying light for a long time after we get home. I love this time of year. The birds are singing and I can smell trees outside. With the weather so warm, the roads are completely dry, except our driveway, and life feels really good right now!
This morning I stopped right on the road to get this next picture. I just smiled when I came around the corner. My first thought was how grateful I am to Heavenly Father for blessing us with beautiful sights!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment