Monday, February 8, 2016

Health and Gas


This is what I ate for dinner tonight. It is portabello stroganoff and maple glazed brussel sprouts. For the last month and one week I have been following a plant based diet. If it comes from a plant I probably eat it. My main calories come from whole grains and beans. I also eat a lot of veggies and fruit. Every once in a while I eat nuts and I have had meat once during this time period. I feel great. I have lots of energy. No more three o'clock slump. The best thing is that I have lost 15 lbs without really trying. I eat as much as I want. When I get hungry I eat something. I have no cravings for sugar.

Studying the dynamics of plant based diets has taught me that I am living the Word of Wisdom as closely as I can. Basically, if the Word of Wisdom says to eat it, I do! I started this with the goal of doing it for 4 months. I have one month down. If the results continue to be so great I may just change my eating habits forever. I never have headaches anymore and never feel gross after eating. Life feels really good in the health department right now. I am still working out but it is averaging only 3 times a week.

Also, gas has hit the lowest I remember seeing it since we moved here. I'm not sure to be excited or nervous about that. Low gas prices is not really a great thing for Alaska. A lot of people are losing their jobs.  It is currently $1.99. I guess we will wait and see what happens!

No comments: