Saturday, February 13, 2016

I smell the trees!!!


Last night Matt worked in the temple and I went with him. We decided to stay in Anchorage over night because this morning I was the keynote speaker at a conference. It was nice to sleep without Milo at my feet. We spent the morning together and got some shopping done at Costco. I really like him. I wish we got to spend more time together.

On the way home I dropped him off at his shop to drive his own vehicle home and I headed that direction myself. The road was wet. Everything was melting. I looked at the temperature and it was over 40 degrees. When I pulled into the driveway the sky was so beautiful with the sun peeking through. Once I got out of the truck I took a breath and I could smell the trees!!! I love the smell of the trees. When it is so cold you almost never take deep breaths outside and you never smell the trees. I know it's only February but I like to use a term my good friend, Jenwood, uses- Springuary!

Because it feels like spring and because we really needed to get it done, I started getting things together to plant. I pulled out shelving, shop lights and bulbs, trays and seeds. And then I realized I didn't have enough dirt. So I will have to wait for Monday to start planting but it will be happening very soon. I am hoping we have a super success crop this year and are able to sell our produce.

No comments: