Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Twenty Two years


Eleven days ago Matt and I celebrated our anniversary by going out to dinner and grocery shopping.
We're party animals!
Last night we sat down and reviewed our 22 years of marriage from memory and scrapbooks. One thing we noticed was that he have filled out for sure! I guess age will do that sometimes.
Another thing we noticed was that we have lived a lot of life in those years.
I decided to do a review here, it was an idea I stole from another blogger.

1994-
Matt returned from his mission/we got married in December
1995-
We moved to Burley, Idaho
1996-
Gave birth to Samantha Patrice/ moved to Phoenix and then Mesa, AZ/ Matt was called to work in the temple in Mesa
1997-
Gave birth to Dallin Fox/ moved to Paulden, AZ
1998- 
Mostly just enjoyed our kids and lived in a mouse infested trailer that we lovingly called the Hauntavirus trailer. We were so, so poor!
1999-
Gave birth to Brittan Emily at which time I almost died, but I lived!
2000-
Moved into our first house that we built on Bayberry Rd in Paulden
2001-
Matt went to Alaska for the summer which set off a chain of events
2002-
Moved to Alaska/ Makenna Brynn was born/ Matt's parents passed away/ Matt started his own construction business
2003-
Christmas in Arizona and Utah
2004-
I jumped out of a plane/ we started our house on Stonebridge/ Samantha got baptized
2005-
Corban Jacob was born/ Dallin got baptized/ we moved into our Stonebridge house
2006-
I ran my first 5k/ we took our first trip to Seward, AK/ Matt and I nailed our Dorothy and Scarecrow costumes/ Matt surprised me with an overnight trip to Seattle for our anniversary/we took the kids to Arizona and California(Disneyland) for Christmas
2007- 
Matt got called to be in the bishopric/ my parents moved to AK/ Matt built our first real greenhouse/ Brittan got baptized
2008-
I graduated from UAA with a AA degree/ we moved out of our house into the lady house in hopes of selling/ Matt and I went to Hawaii for three days/ Matt officiated his first civil wedding/Sam went to the temple for the first time
2009-
I completed my first triathlon/ Dallin went to the temple for the first time/ Matt took me Halibut fishing for my birthday
2010-
Matt and I performed in a Broadway musical/ Sam went to her first stake dance/ Matt killed his first moose/ Makenna got baptized.
2011-
Bought our commercial greenhouses/ Matt and I took a South American cruise/ I ran a 1/2 marathon and became a group fitness instructor
2012-
We got Milo/ Brittan went to the temple for the first time
2013-
We got Jamie/ Matt and I hiked Mt. Marathon/ Dallin and Sam became licensed drivers/ Matt and I were Trek ma and pa/ Corban got baptized
2014-
We bought Harvest Point Farms/ Makenna went to the temple for the first time/ Matt and I took a trip to Missouri and Texas/ I started Pathways/ Birthday glacier cruise
2015-
We brought Jacob home from the hospital/ We moved to Harvest Point Farms/ took the family to Hawaii/ I started teaching seminary/ Samantha got married
2016-
Dallin received his endownment, got his mission call and became a full time missionary/ Our first grandson Afton was born/ Matt got called to the High council

That is a very full twenty two years. I can't wait to see what the next 22 will bring!

No comments: