This morning I ate my breakfast on the front porch.
It's one of my favorite things to do this time of year.
Among so many others.
Yesterday afternoon I took the hanging flower baskets from the greenhouse that I planted with alyssum, babies breath, and nasturtiums and hung them on the front porch.
There is a lot of mess in front of the house: tires, lots of fire wood and other random stuff and the house still needs to be painted, but I am so grateful for this house.
We made a decision several years back.
It took a lot of restraint to save money and budget, but we were able to build this house out of pocket.
That means we have no mortgage on our house.
We do have a land payment, but that is it.
There is a huge amount of peace that has accompanied this decision.
We have been blessed beyond what we ever imagined.
This morning I hoped on the tractor and finished shaping the rest of the beds for the market garden.
We have 76 beds.
I can't wait to see them all filled with growing food.
The greenhouse is filled with growing food.
Everything is planted except for a small area for lettuce.
It's pretty fun in there.


No comments:
Post a Comment