Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Arizona Day Two

Today was one of those days where heaven touches earth and things that were are changed.
It was so good to be there and see Quayde be sealed to Rachel.
He was over the moon happy.
The ceremony was beautiful and it was fun to have Rissa and Dave seated next to me.
Outside Makenna watched littles and Shawna and her family waited.
After the ceremony we went to a park and had lunch.
Then Makenna and I headed up to Prescott. 






 The first thing Kenna and I did was hike Thumb Butte!
I thought I had hiked it as a kid but I didn't remember any of that so I am thinking maybe I never did.
It was cold and there was ice on the trail.
We weren't able to make it to the top because they locked the gates at 5 pm and we were there pretty late.
It was so nice to get out and stretch our legs though.



 That evening we got Chikfila which was another first for Makenna and then went to the reception.
The reception was in the middle of nowhere Skull Valley.
We drove on a pitch dark dirt road to get there.
Then we froze to death outside.
I seriously couldn't believe how cold it was.
But I got to see people I haven't seen in a long, long time and Travis and his family were there too.
Plus Makenna also got to experience her first Arizona sunset and it did not disappoint!

 

No comments: