Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Rolled

The above picture is a sticker that is on the drivers side visor of my car.
There is a reason why it is there.
 The roads out here are horrible.
I question every single day why they have not sanded them.
They are basically 13 miles of sheer ice that we have to traverse to get to the next road which is surprisingly clear.
Well, yesterday, against my best judgment I let Makenna drive her and Corban to seminary on said road.
They never made it to seminary.
They were perfectly fine.
Later they told me that the tire just caught the snow and then the car just fell over.
There are many miraculous things about this. 
There is no doubt that they were being watched over.
 I feel done though.
I am done worrying every single time my kids drive that road.
I am really done with it.
I just keep praying the farm will sell soon.

The car has some damage.
The back window is broken and quotes to get it fixed were between $770 and $850!
The mirror is broken- but I know how to fix that since I've already done it once. 
And the passenger side door no longer opens all the way.
But it still drives.
And we just took some plastic from the broken greenhouse to put over the window.
It seemed appropriate.

No comments: