No one will ever be able to convince me that God does not answer prayers because I know differently.
The story with Jamie has been being created for over ten years now.
For three of those years we got to have her as our own, but there have been many years that we haven't.
I remember when her mom got custody of her after years and we had to drop her off.
We loaded all her stuff in the truck and took her to her mom.
It about broke our hearts.
As we drove away, out of habit I looked back to where her car seat had set and she was no longer there.
Makenna and I just cried and cried as we headed home.
She came back to us again for about 6 weeks a few years later and it was just as heart wrenching when we had to give her up again.
And for the last 4 years we have not seen her.
I have prayed more prayers for her than I think I have ever prayed for myself.
God promised He would protect.
Tonight I got to see His hand in her life.
Through a long series of events, Makenna and I were able to go and see her play soccer.
When I got to the field, her grandma Karen had to point her out because I didn't recognize her.
She is so grown up and I am sad at so much lost time but so grateful that we got last night.
She seems so healthy and happy.
We got to squeeze and her and tell her we love her and that she is beautiful.
I am so hopeful that tonight will have just been the beginning of being able to reconnect with our sweet Jamie jammers.
Life is hard, but God is good and He keeps His promises!


No comments:
Post a Comment