Sometimes when life feels a little bit heavy, I do this thing.
I try to find as many things as I can that I am grateful for.
Every single time it lightens the burden.
It doesn't take away the things that are heavy, it just gives a chance to focus on happier things.
This time of year there is so much to be grateful for.
So much.
I'm grateful that the greenhouse is producing a lot of food and that I have so many things up outside.
I'm grateful for all our fruiting plants that will produce a little this year but hopefully a lot more next year.
I am grateful for Hammock Town and Farmer Lake.
I'm so grateful that the wrecked down greenhouse got cleaned up and it is not an eye sore every time I look out the front window anymore.
I'm grateful my strawberries have blossoms and we will get a ton of strawberries this year.
I'm grateful for chickens that lay eggs.
I'm grateful for my people that I share this property with.
I'm grateful for my body that does whatever I ask of it.
I'm grateful for a porch swing.
I'm grateful for little baby chicks, that we call zoomies, that will fill our freezer for the winter.
I'm especially grateful for the hope that my faith in Jesus Christ brings.
This morning I read a verse that was perfect for today-
"But that ye have patience and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions." Alma 34:41
I look forward to that day of rest.
But for now, I will be grateful for what is good in the middle of the hard things.


No comments:
Post a Comment