Getting older kind of stinks.
And watching my dad get older also stinks.
But it is a two edged sword, because if I wasn't watching him get older, he would no longer be with us in body.
So getting older is a blessing not afforded to everyone.
I am glad he's still here.
I often go with him to his appointments.
He kind of forgets things a little bit at this point.
He has a hard time walking and gets tired really easy.
He's frustrated that his body is not working like he wants it to.
I imagine that someday I will probably be right where he is.
Being so independent but not being able to be as independent as I used to be.
I get it from him.
My stubbornness, my drive to experience all the things, and my independence.
I'm so grateful for my dad.
I'm also grateful I made him laugh while we waited for the doctor to come in.
Glove elephant animals for the win!


No comments:
Post a Comment