Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving 2015


After having Thanksgiving on Sunday we decided we wanted to keep it kind of low key but then we still made a TON of food. We had a turkey in the freezer but didn't thaw it. Instead we butchered one of our own. It tasted fine although I think I am losing my desire for meat. We had fruit, rolls, turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy. I also made two pies- a pumpkin pecan(which is tradition) and a chocolate coconut cream pie. Oh, and Great Grandpa Buckinghams ginger cookie dough is chilling  in the fridge.

After dinner we headed out to the sledding hill. It is really warm outside so the hill was pretty slushy but still fun. Matt even joined us and threw a couple snowballs and went down the hill a few times.
It's been a great day. I am so grateful for so many things. Next year I hope Sam and Dustin can join us, but by then Dallin will be on his mission. We've entered that phase where kids come and go. I am so grateful for each of them though.

No comments: