Sunday, November 15, 2015

Not planned

One thing I have learned in my 41ish years of life is that things do not always go as planned.
Sam married in February of this year.
By March they were getting divorced.
It was a pretty bad situation.
She moved to Fairbanks and lived her life for a while.
Than she met Dustin.
Yesterday they got married.
He balances her out in a way I have never seen someone balance her.
And those who know Sam know not to take those words lightly.
They laugh together.
That is a key, if you ask me.
He is taking the missionary discussion.
He asked Matt to baptize him.
He gave his parents a Book of Mormon today.
We really like him.
The wedding was short, simple and to the point.
A lady from the ward put together tons of food and a wedding cake.
It was incredibly sweet of her.

Matt and I had a good time spending some time together. The hotel we stayed in was somewhat sketchy. There were a lot of drunk natives around and when we didn't eat all the food we got from room service and put our trays out our door, someone came by and ate what we didn't eat. We mostly relaxed in the hotel room and watched TV because really, there is nothing to do in Fairbanks in the winter and it was -22 degrees this morning. So ya....

The highlight of the trip, besides the wedding, was the crab bisque I got at Pike's Landing. I dipped french fries in it and it was the most incredible thing ever. I highly recommend doing that if you ever go to Pike's Landing. Here is my bisque giving me some love:
The not highlight of the trip was the plane rides. Two propeller planes are not for me. Really. The first flight I did not have earphones or music and by the time we landed I was so motion sick because of the noise that I seriously was fanning my face and repeating "Do not threw up" in my head. The second flight, although even a smaller plane, was better because I had something to blast in my ears.  I also liked that every seat was a window seat. I am usually a row girl but I wanted to look out the window too.
 People and things will not always go how we want them to, but life can still be so incredibly great and blessed when we see the beauty in the everyday. Oh and when you have crab bisque and french fries.

No comments: