Thanksgiving at our house has never been a huge affair.
We just hang out as a family and eat good food.
This year seemed so small with Sam and her family in Missouri and Dallin in California.
We started the day with a Nerf war.
That was a blast.
We decided to wear matching shirts that Matt brought home from Akutan where he was working last week.
We had our traditional table cloth that everyone wrote something they were grateful for on.
I drew a missionary tag for Dallin.
I find myself grateful for things ALL year long but this year I feel most grateful for the following:
- Family History work. I've learned so many cool things this year and found so many people.
- Harvest Point Farm. This year of growing and working was a balm to my soul. I loved everything about digging in the dirt and picking food. I loved going out in the fields and just standing there taking it all in. I loved the smell of dirt and the taste of fresh green beans just picked from the plant. I'm so excited to do it all again this next year.
- Seminary. This year teaching early morning seminary has been wonderful. I feel like I am closer to Christ already and we are not even half way through the year. I've already learned so much. I hope the kids have learned something too.
- My family. I know it is a trite thing to say this time of year but I feel like I have been so incredibly blessed- beyond measure in this department. Each person means so much to me and I adore them all.



No comments:
Post a Comment