Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Technology
Yesterday I got to email with Dallin and he sent me three videos! Then last night I got to facetime with Samantha and Afton. My kids are growing up and having their own lives but I find myself so grateful for the day in which I live.
The last 13 weeks I have been completely entrenched in the late 1800's in England. My class that I am taking has me researching one of my ancestral lines for all these weeks- the entire semester. I have discovered things that are sad and then had wonderful experiences as well. I know that in those days, if a family member moved away, you probably would never see them again. My Samuel Dunn immigrated to America with his family, making it possible for me to be here today. He died in 1914. He had only been in America for 21 years at that point. No records indicate he ever got to go back to England and see his mother before she died in 1910 and his father before he died in 1913. I am just so thankful that I live in a day and age where I can see my people even when they are so, so far from me.
I wonder if this is one of the reasons why I chose this time to come to earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment