Saturday, December 22, 2018

Gifts from the Heart

Yesterday I picked up them mail and we had a package from the Gollnick family. 
They are people that Matt knew as a child and we have reconnected with over social media in the last few years.
Mary Ann and I share a common love for family history and she is always so faithful at sending us a card and sometimes a gift at Christmas. 
Unfortunately, I do not have it as together as she does and often miss the mark at letting her know we love her.
(We love you!) 
Anyway, I opened the box and pulled out this book. 
The letter with it said she loved book folding art.
At first I couldn't figure out what the art part was.
I just saw lots of folds.
Then I held it out open in front of me and was so surprised to see our name in the pages!
I was excited.
I immediately showed the kids and they thought it was so cool.
When I showed it to Matt he immediately lamented on how lame we are in our correspondence with them, but was so excited for the gift.
Then I thought about how much time that must taken.
This is truly a gift to our family.
Thank you Mary Ann!
We love you and maybe we'll get a New Years card out.
haha! 

1 comment:

Just US said...

That is a super cool gift!