Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Collapse

It's early and still dark out, but I woke up to the news that we lost the entire greenhouse structure last night. 
It has been snowing nonstop for days and days.
Feet of snow.
And there was no way to keep it all off the greenhouse.
Then yesterday morning we had another earthquake- 4.4- and 1/3 of the greenhouse collapsed in on itself.
Yesterday evening as we were setting up a heater to try and melt the rest off, the area Matt and I were in started to collapse.
And then last night the whole thing went down.
I am pretty devastated about it all. 
It was thousands and thousands of dollars of materials lost.
It will be thousands and thousands of dollars lost from not being able to get a jump on the season.
I can't help but wonder why?
Here's the thing, this is no surprise to God.
He is omniscient and He knew this would happen.
And Matt's blessing tells him that good will come out of any unfavorable circumstance.
So...
I just don't know.
Our insurance will not cover it.
Matt has looked into earthquake assistance stuff.
Channel 11 News came out and did a story on it last night and one of our friends started a gofund me for us to raise some money to try and recover. 
I mostly am sad and don't understand why all the miracles that have occurred in the past several years for us getting that structure have ended in this.

And then the bishop asked me to speak on all the blessings we have received as a family because two of our kids have served missions.

 

No comments: