Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Traces

This is another Brittan post. 
You would think that it would be a little easier since she is our second to leave on a mission but it is NOT!
There are traces of her everywhere. 
I opened the fridge the other morning and her yogurt was still in there.
I was going though a stack of papers on the table and a drawing she had done while she was bored was in the pile.
A shirt of hers was somehow in my laundry.
Which was weird because she did her own laundry!
The thing is that I know she is where the Lord wants her to be.
I know she is happy.
My phone memory is filling up with pictures people keep sending me of her in the field.
Evidently, I know a lot of people who live in Utah and Idaho who know people who live in the area she is in.
But there are still moments when her absence in our home is more than I can bear and the tears flow.
Last night was one of those times.
I just sat on the couch next to Matt and let it out.
I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gave me a Brittan.
One thing I do know is that at time goes on it gets a little easier and then she will be back before I even realize it.
So for now, I will cry and feel sad that she is not here with us, but I will also joy in the fact that she is a good, faithful person who loves the Lord and his children.

 

No comments: