Sunday, March 31, 2019

Day Three: Sabbath and Sunsets

This morning we went to sacrament meeting at the local ward.
It was their fast and testimony meeting.
It was cool to have each person get up and say "Aloha" and every one say "Aloha" in return.
One lady talked about her struggles and then used the words- The heart of the gospel.
I loved that sentence.
I think the heart of the gospel is love or Christ.
Anyway, it was a good meeting.
I was impressed with how many people quoted scripture from memory.
Then we came back to the treehouse and had a VERY lazy day.
It rained a little and Makenna and I saw two geckos on the porch.

 After a while we had our Come, Follow Me discussion.
As Dallin was talking about the man that was healed by Jesus at the pool of Bethesda I had some really great thoughts about some things.
These questions came to my mind:
How often do we feel like we are not making the progress we need to be making?
What are our thoughts when others receive the blessings that we are seeking?
Do we ever feel like no matter what we do and how much we try we are not getting anywhere?
Everything changed for this man when Christ came into the picture.
He didn't need magic water to heal him
He only needed Christ.
And then Christ told him to do something that he would have never thought to do.
Pick up his bed and go...on the Sabbath.
Maybe the reasons we feel like we aren't getting anywhere in life is because we are focusing on the wrong solutions.
Maybe we are not getting the blessings that we need because we need to do something that we would never normally do.
Are we bringing Christ into the picture of our lives? 
It was such a great discussion and I was taught by the Spirit. 
I love that!

Then this evening we took our chairs and beach towels out to Aki beach and watched the sunset and then the stars come out again.


 I'm so grateful we got to make this trip.
I'm loving so much about it.
 

No comments: