Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Young Women

Last Saturday a member of our bishopric asked to speak to me on Sunday.
I told him fine as long as they didn't release me from teaching Gospel Doctrine.
He assured me that no one wanted that to happen.
Then I had about 24 hours to wonder what it was about.
I figured something with YW Girls camp.
Nope!
I was called to serve in the Young Women's Presidency as the 1st counselor.
I am over the group called the Miamaids.
Girls aged 14-16.
I wasn't excited about this. 
I wasn't not excited either.
I just wasn't.
I asked the new president if she was actually inspired with this call.
She laughed at me and told me the story of my name coming over and over again and her telling God that I was not going to like that.
Haha.
I partly feel like I don't have much to offer these girls at this stage in my life.
I don't feel like the "fun" leader.
However, we had an activity last night, our first together, and there was lots of laughing.
And talking about drinking vanilla extract or not drinking it I mean.
The girls from the other classes kept coming in to our activity.
I told my girls that was because we were the cool kids.
I know God knows what He's doing.
It just gets a little hard for me when I have no clue.
I hope I can offer what He needs me to offer to these girls.
Plus, I kind of like them already! 

Also, I get to do double duty and still teach gospel doctrine.
 

No comments: