Friday, October 18, 2019

Focus

The plan was simple.
While the car was getting an oil change and the mechanic was finding out why it smelled like gas so badly, Corban and I would walk to his dental appointment and then go back for the car after it was done.
The plan seemed to be going smoothly until we got back to the mechanic.
He wouldn't give us the car back.
He said if we drove it again it would probably catch on fire because of the leak near the fuel injectors.
Plan B:
Call Brittan and have her come rescue us.
This would mean we would have to wait for some time because we live 45 minutes from the mechanic.
So Corban and I spent out morning taking a lovely walk, eating jojo potatoes, and visiting with Matt at where he was working for a little while.
It was actually a lovely morning.
And this got me thinking.
Why do we come unhinged when our Plan A doesn't go as planned?
I believe that we truly do make or break a situation by our response.
We can enjoy peace and happiness just by reframing how we think about things.
There is good and bad about everything.
How you view any situations determines the level of your peace and happiness. 

And it's pretty great that I have a Brittan that was willing to come save us.
I love that girl!
 

No comments: