Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Tumultuous

Makenna's friend, Nigel made her a voodoo doll.
I am not sure why, but I think it is kind of funny.
So does she.
But that has nothing to do with this post.

On Monday afternoon our son-in-law, Dustin shot himself while Sam was standing hear him and the boys were in the next room. 
He is alive and in the hospital.
He basically shot off his nose.
It has been a whirlwind of emotion for me. 
I never wanted the life Sam has for her.
No mother wants their child to have the life she is living.
Makenna and I went over later that day to help with anything that needed our help. 
She didn't have anyone coming to clean it all up.  
I ended up cleaning it up.
That adds an entirely new level of emotion to things.
The last two days I have 'tucked in' and tried to process.
I know Sam is going through a whole lot of trauma as well.
I'm concerned for Afton.
Emry is too young to know anything but I am sure he can feel that things aren't right.
They weren't right before this.

One thing though.
I had a dream the day before it happened.
The Lord knew.
He prepared me for what I needed to do and I was able to do it.
There is a HUGE amount of comfort knowing that He always knows! 

No comments: