Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Engaged and I am!

What better way to ring in the New Year than to add another member to our family...soon.
Last night Dustin Staley proposed to our Brittan!
It looks like wedding planning needs to begin. 

Also, this year, instead of resolutions I decided on "I am" statements. 
The words "I am" are powerful. 
Christ used them to describe himself.
When we use I am statements it tells others and ourselves the type of person we are.
It is an identity. 
After much deliberation and pondering, I decided on three "I am" statements for 2020.
1. I am a plant based eater
I have messed around with this one for about two years and I am ready to jump in fully this year. 
What this means is that the food I eat is plant based.
I avoid dairy, refined sugars and flours and eat very little meat.
2. I am a temple worker
Now I don't know if the opportunity will present itself to be called and set apart as a temple worker but I plan on working in the temple a lot more this year then I previous have.  
3. I am a gospel teacher
I have taught the gospel in many capacities but this year my hope, and what I am working toward, is becoming a full time seminary and institute teacher.
There is an element of vulnerability with this one because I am not in charge of who gets hired and who doesn't. 
All I can do is follow the prompting I received and trust in God with this one. 

I feel like 2020 is going to have a lot of twists and turns, but exciting things all along the way.

No comments: