Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Our Family Newsletter 2019

This morning I came across an old blog post from 2011 where I had each of the family give their own overview of the year.
It was pretty fun and funny to look back and see what they all had going on.
You can see it yourself HERE

I loved the idea so much that I decided to do it again this year.
So here you have our Hale Family Newsletter 2019!

Matt:
This year I learned that the Lord is aware of me and our little family and loves us. Ginny and I celebrated our 25th anniversary. It's hard to believe that time has gone by in what seems to be a flash. We took a short but much needed trip together. I loved exploring Oregon and California coast with my sweetheart, and as our kids grow up I am excited for more trips like this!

Ginny:
This year I found myself all over the place: Hawaii, Seattle, Oregon, Arizona, Soldotna, McCarthy and under the knife. I hugged a redwood, ate Chik-fil-a sauce for the first time(which I now dream of) and kayaked around glaciers. I got to witness the birth of my second grandson and my first son being sealed in the temple. I met a new niece and great nephew after their arrival into this world. My time was filled with homeschool, garden, lots of healing, and some hiking. I started the process of pursuing a full-time position teaching seminary and institute, which I hope comes to fruition this year. And Matt and I celebrated 25 years of marriage. It has been a beautifully hard and fruitful year!  

Sam:
2019 was a year of growth and self introspection. I learned deep truths about that which drives me. This year sweet Emerson joined our home, much to the delight of Afton. 2019 defined my family's goals and dreams. This year the 4 of us set the groundwork for continued growth and learning. The Slate family is looking forward to a productive 2020.

Dallin:
This year has been awesome. I met the most wonderful woman ever and I'm glad to now call her my wife. We are happy to have each other and wouldn't have it any other way.

Brittan:
This year has been a bit of a roller coaster, filled with good and bad. I left home to serve a mission in Idaho, then a few months later I came back a different person with new experiences, new memories and a bit disheartened. But my faith was strengthened from my mission and I learned I can do hard things. I learned it's okay if things don't turn out the way you wanted them to, because God has something even better in store for you. 

Makenna:
This year I failed college. And then mom decided to put me into home-school so I can graduate or something weird like that. I got a very lovely blue Volkswagen Jetta for my birthday/graduation present. I learned how to paint a little bit better. And how to hold my tongue more....(I should probably work on that more). I’m getting ready to move outta here, even though it won’t be until like October, I’m ready for a new adventure! 

Corban:
This year I visited Seattle and loved seeing Microsoft. I finally earned enough money to buy a VR headset. I'm a freshman in high school now and I still love video games and sleep. I loved going to Hawaii this year and boogey boarding in the ocean even though I got a rash on my stomach. 


Happy New Year! 

No comments: