Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Spencer Bench Day Two

Today we hiked to the top of a mountain where the cutest cabin was situated perfectly with views of the glacier and the valley below.
It took us about 4 1/2 hours.
Mostly because of me.
For some reason my legs did not want to work properly and my lungs were having a hard time.
I think I am actually still recovering somewhat from surgery last year.
It was a beautiful hike though.
We had an encounter with Bruce the Moose before even getting out of the camp ground.
He did not want to move off the trail.
So that took us a little while to get around him. 
The mosquitoes were plenteous and Wendie shared one of her head nets with me which made me look just like a lunch lady.
It was totally awesome.
At the top there was an incredible waterfall that some of the girls got in.
I did not.
It was definitely not warm enough for me to be convinced to do that.
It really is a magical place up there. 





 

No comments: