Where do I begin?
On Monday evening I landed in California to teach FSY and while I was in line to get my rental car, Matt called.
I knew immediately something was wrong.
He told me they were taking him in ambulance to the hospital.
A ladder had fallen underneath him and he could not walk or use his right shoulder at all.
After 15 hours of travel I was able to get home and got to the hospital while he was in surgery.
He had burst his T12 vertebrae and it was a miracle that he was not paralyzed.
He also tore everything in his shoulder, including completely severing his bicep muscle.
The first day after surgery wasn't too bad.
Actually got up and walked and showered.
There are concerns about nerve damage in his legs.
He can't urinate on his own and was sent home with a catheter.
Shoulder still needs surgery.
He is in a lot of pain.
Yesterday he didn't even leave his bed because of the pain.
We have along road ahead and I am sad and frustrated and tired.
But people are wonderful and we have had some serious tender mercies.
I know there are miracles at work for him to even still be alive.
I can see God working in this situation to help us and I am grateful for that.
I just wish that we didn't have to experience so many crazy hard things all the time.
It feels like all the time sometimes.


No comments:
Post a Comment